Lemon Essential Oil! If you would like to find out some of the amazing uses of Lemon EO you have found the right place!
- add one drop of Lemon Vitality* to your water for a refreshing, detoxifying kick (use only glass or stainless steel. I love my hydroflask for this reason!)
- diffuse 3 drops of each: lemon, peppermint, and lavender to help support your respiratory system (whenever I vacuum my house, or whenever the seasons change, I make sure this blend is going!)
- diffuse with a variety of other oils to help uplift your mood and cleanse the air. It goes great with anything! Some of my favorites to pair Lemon EO with are:
- de-stick stuff! Apply a couple drops of Lemon EO to get stickers off of items. If you have ever washed a shirt with a sticker on it, gum in your kids hair, sticker on your nice wood floors…. Lemon EO to the rescue! (but not on plastic!! read below)
- create a cleaning paste with Thieves Household cleaner, baking soda, and Lemon Essential Oil
- drop a couple drops down your garbage disposal to de-stink
- Yogi Tip- love warm lemon water in the morning? Try a drop of Lemon Vitality EO instead! It has all the benefits, if not more, that lemon juice has without any of the acidity! Save your enamel and use Lemon Essential Oil instead. Check out this post from the Young Living Blog here.
- add one drop of Lemon Vitality EO to your favorite lemon recipes! (Think- Lemon Bars, Chicken Piccata, or Lemon Vinaigrette for salad)
- add one drop of Lemon Vitality EO to your Sprite and Vodka, to your Lemonade and Vodka, to your Gin and Tonic, or any other beverages you would add a lemon squeeze to!
- wash you strawberries or blueberries in a bowl of water and add one drop of Lemon Vitality. Cleaner fruit and helps it stay fresh longer!
- use on clothes as a stain remover
- create a blemish stick to help with oil production with Lemon and Carrot Seed EO
- create a weight management capsule to support healthy weight. Start with one drop of each: Lemon, Peppermint, and Grapefruit Vitality EOs in a capsule. Take it twice a day. Increase slowly to a maximum of 3 drops of each. Take every day. Consistency is key with this one.
If you’re already a lover of Lemon Essential Oil, you must try Jade Lemon EO! It smells amazing and I love diffusing it. Definitely add it to your must have list.
- Tip – don’t put Lemon EO on plastic. Just don’t do it. If you are drinking the vitality line always use glass or stainless steel, never plastic. Don’t remove a sticker from plastic. Any natural items or surfaces will be fine.
- Tip – Lemon EO, along with other citrus EOs, has a degree of photosensitivity. This means you do not want to use Lemon EO before spending time in the sun. Even if you are using it internally this photosensitivity can still occur; it is not just if you put it on your skin. Please be aware of your own body and take responsibility for your health. Start slow with EOs. I drink Lemon EO all the time in my water and spend time in the sun. That is about one to two drops of a citrus EO in a day. I have never had a reaction in the sun because of my use of EOs.
*The Vitality line with Young Living are Essential Oils labeled for dietary use.
Subscribe to this blog for more Essential Oil posts, Ditch and Switch posts, and yoga posts. Please get in touch with me through the Contact Me page if you have any questions or if you are ready to jump on the oil train click here!
Before starting your journey with Essential Oils please do more research and have someone experienced with EOs help you out. If you do not have anyone you know with EO experience, you can message me through the Contact Me page.
Much of the information within my essential oil posts I have learned in my course study with The School for Aromatic Studies and from personal usage.